Step 1. Ensure your laptop is free from malware (viruses, bots, trojans etc.)
Step Two. Download and setup Litecoin-Qt
Step Trio. Disconnect from the internet
Step Four. Create your Litecoin addresses
- Uitvoer your address to a CSV opstopping using the ‘Uitvoer‘ button. You can keep electronic and hard copies of your addresses. No one can do anything with them accept send you Litecoins.
Step Five. Print your private keys (paper wallet)
Each Litecoin address has a private key associated with it, the private key is required to send Litecoins from the address to another address. You should keep a copy of your private keys on paper (paper wallet) and store it somewhere safe. You can zometeen use your paper wallet to restore your wallet, should you lose your wallet verkeersopstopping.
- Go to Help >, Debug Window >, Console and type:
- The private key will be displayed te the debug window. Repeat for each address.
- Copy the results to notepad and print. Delete the notepad verkeersopstopping!
Step 6. Encrypt your wallet
- This step is optional, but is very recommended. It helps prevent someone from accessing your private keys should they steal your wallet.
- Go to Settings >,Encrypt Wallet…
Step 7. Stir your wallet offline
The wallet verkeersopstopping contains the private keys wij just printed for your Litecoin addresses. Spil mentioned, thesis are required te order to send Litecoins. If anyone obtains this opstopping they can steal your coins. Encrypting the verkeersopstopping spil ter Step 6 will help te preventing someone from accessing the private keys, but the best way is to take the opstopping offline!
- Close Litecoin-Qt.
- Locate your wallet.dat verkeersopstopping. The opstopping should be te the following locations ter Windows and Linux respectively:
- Windows users:
- Mac users:
- Linux users:
That’s it you’re done – you can now reconnect to the internet.
Checking your balance
You can check the balance and activity of any of your Litecoin addresses without the need of your wallet.dat verkeersopstopping or private keys. Simply use any Litecoin blockchain explorer.
- Reconnect to the internet.
- Go to block-explorer.com and come in ter your Litecoin address to view the balance and transactions.
Sending / Spending Litecoins
You will only need your wallet when you want to send Litecoins to another address. Please see How to Use Your Wallet &, Send, Spend Litecoins Securely to find out how.