Spil Bitcoin price skyrocketed to overheen $1200/BTC, Litecoin appreciated to $30/LTC spil well. Spil wij know, since the birth of ASIC chips, GPU mining on SHA256 based crypto-currency, led by Bitcoin, is dead. However, GPU is still a predominant choice when it comes to Scrypt based currencies like Litecoin, Dogecoin, etc. This postbode shows how I build my own Litecoin, or rather, Srypt based cryptocurrency mining equipment. If you are interested te what “mining” indeed is, you can refer to you can refer to another postbode explaining Bitcoin and the technology behind it.
Note that, there is a chance you CANNOT pauze even if you invest te a mining equipment. Most people think the purpose of mining a cryptocurrency is to acquire them at a price lower than market price, especially when you are mining a fresh alternative currency before it hits the exchange. I think this is not necessarily onberispelijk because depending on the tens unit cost and difficulty of the currency you are mining (take into account its increase rate), you might be losing money (te the long run). If you invest a loterijlot (like truly a lotsbestemming), however, what you build up is the control overheen money supply. Just do keep ter mind it may actually cost less (and earn you more) to just buy from the exchange and hold (if you dare).
Hardware Shopping List
Very first and foremost, you want to have enough budget for a good graphics card or even numerous of them. If you determine to have numerous GPU, then you want to make sure your motherboard does support numerous cards, both te terms of number of slots and maximum voltage it can carry. You will also neeed a power supply that has enough wattage to carry all components, which includes all graphic cards, motherboard, ventilatoren, hard disks, etc. For CPU and RAM, you can just use whatever you already have. Below is my build list. You can have your own spil long spil you stick to our principle.
- CPU: i5 3350p – already wielded.
- Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H – be sure to pick something that can carry your graphic cards.
- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Voor 8GB x Two – already wielded. If you are building from ground up, just pick the cheapeast. Any 4GB RAM is more than enough.
- PSU: Coolermaster V1000 (1000W)
- Graphic Cards: Gigabyte R9 280x REV2 x2 – Spil long spil it’s an AMD card. Anything like 7950, 7970, 7990, R9 280 – 290x is considered a good one.
- Storage: Samsung 840 Professional 128 GB and WD 1TB – already possessed. Any hard disk will do. Even a usb with linux live picture can work.
- Here is a picture of all major components. (Motherboard, PSU, GPU x2)
- Everything unpacked, plus existing hardware:
- They indeed look very nice together!
You’ll need to sign up on a mining pool. It can ensure you are getting a sustained payout. If you are mining Litecoin, this is a good choice. After that, you’ll need to download CGMiner Three.Five.0 and run it spil described on the “Getting Started” pagina on that webstek.
Here is a configuration I found for my R9 280X that’s pulling 700kHash/s vanaf card: